To update router firmware using the genie software:
· Select Firmware Update or Router Update. The label varies by router. Click Choose File or Browse, then locate and select the firmware file that ends in .img or .chk. Click the Upload button. After you click the UPDATE button, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting.
· The label varies by router. Select Firmware Update or Router Update. Click Check. The router searches for new firmware. If new firmware is available, click Yes. After you click Yes, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting. The firmware update starts and the router restarts. The firmware update process can take a few minutes.
· To manually download firmware and update your device: Visit www.netgear.com/support. Type your model number in the search box. If a drop-down menu displays, select your model. If you do not see a drop-down menu, make sure you entered your model number correctly, or select a product category to browse for your product model. Click Firmware and Software …
· To update router firmware using the genie software: Open the NETGEAR genie software and click on Router settings . Note : You can either click on the Router Settings on the left hand panel or on the " Click here " link under the Router Settings thumbnail.
Click the arrow icons in the top right corner of the Router Settings panel to scroll through the tabs until you see the Router Update tab. Click the "Router Update" tab to load the Router Update screen. Step 4 Click the "Next" button to have Netgear Genie scan for new firmware.
· Back in your router's firmware update page, click the "Choose File" button and navigate to your newly-extracted file. Select it and then click the "Upload" button in the router configuration page. 12 Wait while the update is applied.
Forget the troubles that passed away, but remember the blessings that come each day.