Unable to upgrade firmware on HikVision - "Browse" button does nothing. I have a DS-2CD2442FWD-IW running V5.4.5 build 170124 that I'd like to bump up to the next available version. I already have the correct firmware file downloaded, but whenever I click the browse button under Maintenance > Upgrade > Upgrade Firware to select and upload the file to the camera, nothing happens and it won't ...
The firmware update broke my Hikvision camera/NVR/DVR. Most of the time, if you update the wrong firmware, nothing will happen to your recorder or IP camera. The firmware will simply not go through and usually you’ll get the message “Upgrade failed”.
Hikvision regularly updates the firmware in our products to resolve potential issues and keep your system running smoothly. Below, you can find guidance on how to update your system accordingly.Updating Hikvision IP Camera FirmwareTo upgrade the firmware of a Hikvision IP camera, please follow the steps below:
· Problem is the firmware update page does not work, looks like some double text drawing, and the browse button does nothing, I also can't paste the path. I tried using Chrome and IE and Edge, same problem. This is the current device details: Model DS-2CD2135F-IS Serial No. DS-2CD2135F-IS20151026AACH547353131 Firmware Version V5.3.3 build 150624
· It's not possible to upgrade the firmware on most of the Hikvision OEM cameras. You know when the camera is not original, when you see the seller advertising a camera as Hikvision OEM, or just because there's no Hikvision logo on the product.
· However, when I click the upgrade button I get an immediate message which says "firmware update failed" Hikvision UK have failed to reply to my online request for details what how to upgrade NVR firmware when using a Mac Computer. Perhaps I downloaded the wrong file from the list contained in the link you sent me within your online chat page. It was suggested I downloaded the file …
· A short video outlining the basic steps of performing a firmware upgrade via a web browser from a computer on the same network as the NVR. In this case the f...
· The Firmware Browse and Firmware Directory Browse button seems to be a dead link, thus I can't load the firmware to upgrade. I have tried this on Edge, Chrome and Firefox, but with no joy. Also have blockers disabled. I am on 5.3.6. Any thoughts on why they may be not working.
Maybe the reason so many folks have their backs to the wall is that they have been putting up too much of a front.